Mr Ahmed R Ahmed
Bariatric Surgeon. BSc(Hons) FRCS(Gen) PhD
Mr Ahmed will provide you with a friendly and honest opinion regarding your suitability for surgery, putting your safety and wellbeing as the first priority. He pays particular attention to pre and postoperative care in order to optimise the outcome of your operation and provide you with a smooth recovery after surgery.
Mr Ahmed has >99% success in achieving a complete laparoscopic result without converting to open surgery.
Mr Ahmed’s bariatric surgery unit in London has been designated as an International Centre of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery and Mr Ahmed now sits on the prestigious International Bariatric Surgery Review Committee (IBSRC), comprised of top bariatric surgeons from around the world.
He is actively involved in bariatric surgery research and has numerous publications in peer reviewed journals. Mr Ahmed is a member of:
- The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Society of American Gastroenterological and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS), British Obesity Surgery Society (BOSS)
- Member of Council of the British Obesity and Metabolic Bariatric Surgery
- Member of Council of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Visit Mr Ahmed’s website here.
Mr. Ahmed speaking about obesity surgeryWatch Videos